Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cabin Get Away

So the girls and I are finally home after a week and a half away at my grandma's cabin in Sicamous. It took us 9.5 hours to arrive at my grandma's cabin and turned out to be a very nice trip, one I was dreading immensely however was wonderfully surprised at how great it was. I just decided to have fun, bring lots of treats for the girls and we stopped for an hour at a play place and drank milkshakes... a fun memory for just the girls and I.

Once we arrived at the cabin we had a few days with my mom and dad and then my sister and niece arrived for a week. The sun shined for the majority of the trip and we had a great time hanging out at the beach or on the boat. It was weird having the boat to myself this trip. Usually my brother Joel is there, or my sister is able to do water sports (she is pregnant!) so this time I had no one to compete with.. and it just didn't feel the same! : )

I did do a bit of slalom skiing and wake boarding... which made me feel old by the soreness of my body the next day, using muscles that hadn't been used in a while!! My dad got a new ski, and it was a dream to get up on compared to our old one. My dad also got out there, I love that my parents still do water sports, and let me say, my dad is an amazing slalom skier! Danika tubed lots. The first time she went with my mother was priceless. My mom wanted to go verrrrryyy slow and was quite content with a large smile on her face, and next to her was Danika her face in her hands frowning and looking quite bored. So I went out with her and we were going back and forth over the wake and she was giggling like crazy... it made my day. I LOVE the fun we have together, she is one amazing little girl. We also visited the Enchanted Forest. A place we have driven by for years on the way to the cabin and have been meaning to stop at. We finally did it and it was magical! Danika and Ella were at the perfect ages and were totally "enchanted" at the houses made perfectly for their size. The whole park is themed around old folk tales, and you could go into each little house or tree house and their were little beds, and tables and characters from the rhymes.

We enjoyed the rest of the week with the family and I got the most delightful call from my husband. He called and told me he booked a vacation to Mexico for just him and I!!!! We have been saving airmiles since the day we got married and had enough to cover a fair chunk of our trip. We have been dreaming of taking a trip together (our honeymoon!) for a few years, and we are going to do it at the beginning of December. We took the month of December off and were planning to drive to Calgary and visit friends and family, so instead for the first week we are dropping the girls off with family and taking off. WOOHOOO!!! We are sooo excited!

After this exciting news Mom, Linz and I went shopping into Sicamous to a few little stores that were selling out their summer clothes and just had fun trying things on together and hanging out with no kids. Grandpa was wonderful and took the 3 girls for a few hours!

The trip home did not go quite as smoothly as the trip to the cabin. We had to stop 2 times on our way to the ferry and Adessa needed her diaper changed twice each time we stopped. And then we got to the ferry 1.5 hours early so I took the girls out and we walked around the park in horseshoe bay. I finally put Adessa down to crawl around, turned my back for a moment to call my dad and turned around to see Adessa's hands in a pile of dog poo! Then on the way back to the car Danika fell, scraped herself up and one tired little girl's world ended. By the time we got back to the van, so did mine... I was sooo ready to be home! It was great to see Steve, we all missed him so much!

We had a wonderful time away and I am so glad I took the trip with the girls, it was a nice change of pace and scenery, and so wonderful to hang out with my family. I would definitely do it again, although I would not attempt it again for another year!!!

1 comment:

  1. that IS a delightful phonecall!!! well done Steve!

    Welcome home friend....so glad you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete