After the birthday party we went to a fundraiser for Maddison Rose, who is our neighbors 3 year old grand-daughter who has cancer. Thankfully they just did a huge surgery on her and say she is cancer free... so we will continue to pray that she stays that way! The girls had fun at the fundraiser as there was a giant pirate ship bouncy castle and I got to bid on a silent auction. I ended up getting some great deals, such as a beautiful bracelet and a few gift certificates to restaurants that were way below their value.
That evening mom and dad arrived and it was sooo good to see them! We woke up Sunday morning and went to church. Then mom and dad took the kids home so Steve and I could stay for the church meeting and then had a lovely lunch date. Monday was a rainy day, but we had a nice time hanging out and catching up and then that evening we got a babysitter and Steve took us all out to the Genoa bay cafe. Another wonderful evening and GREAT food... seriously probably one of my favorite restaurants ever! We had a great night eating lots and taking lots of pictures on the docks.
Tuesday mom and I left Steve and dad to watch the girls and had a shopping day in Nanaimo. We ended up spending our time in Winners and found LOTS of great stuff!! And had so much fun! I love shopping with my mommy and it was so great to have a day with her with no kids! We then went out to see a movie and laughed our butts off!!!
Today was a beautiful day and once again my parents blessed my socks off! This morning we took the girls and dog for a long walk to the ocean and then once we got home she helped go through the girls clothes and downsize and then we spent the entire afternoon working outside on the house, doing the chores I NEVER have time to get to!
I am LOVING having my parents here and wish they never had to leave... Crofton, I mean if they had their own house in Crofton, it would be perfect! ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment