Thursday, September 11, 2014

New house

We have been moved into our new home for 2 weeks today. We are loving the extra space, the location and the size of the yard. It has been insanely hectic however and I feel like right now is the first time I have put up my feet and taken a deep breath... And that is just because I got home from walking Meeko for an hour with a friend! 😜 but I needed out for some fresh air! 
I have unpacked so many boxes it is crazy... And there are still more. But the spaces that count are all unpacked. 
Our moving experience has been something I wanted to document. With our few weeks notice to get out of our home for the new owners move In date, things were a little hectic getting out. I had packed up our home, we had booked a moving van and we asked a few friends for help. But I think I was a bit delirious or something, because I should have flown my mom out or somebody to help me. This was by far our biggest move, and we have three young children. Out of our five moves in our eight years together we have had help for them all... But this time I just didn't think... Or I thought I had it all together. But boy was I wrong! Thankfully I last minute asked our babysitter if Danika and Adessa could sleep there and they happily took them for two nights. So the night before we had to get out we loaded up the uhaul. We got the biggest 4 bedroom house sized uhaul you could get and we filled it to the top.... Twice!!! It is unreal how much stuff we have! The next morning we got up early, packed up the rest and headed to our new home. We arrived and met the landlord from pemberton Holmes realty to do the walk through, as that was the earliest we could get in. She took us around and we were appalled! The place hadn't been cleaned... The floors were filthy, washrooms disgusting... Nothing was done as promised! We were so upset! We had a full uhaul in the driveway and Steve had hired his guys from work for the day to unload, not to mention that we had to be out of our home that day! So we did what we had to and had the guys unload into the dirty house because we had to go back to our house and fill up again and I had to go clean it. We got back and I had a couple of my good friends stop by and help me unload the kitchen which was super helpful! I felt at my wits end at that point so was very thankful for Sharon and Charlene and thankful that my girls were still at Meagan's! 
That evening Meagan's family had us for dinner and offered for us to sleep there, but we wanted to get back to the rental. Steve and I couldn't sleep that night and ended getting up at 4 am to start settling ourselves. It was quite the day! 

Then the girls started school three days after we moved in. My Danika is in grade three already and Adessa is doing three full days of kindergarten a week! Seriously where has the time gone?! They both have been liking their new school and love that they can pray and read bible stories. We are very happy with this new change. They both looked so beautiful on their first day of school, but sadly I didn't even take a picture! 


No comments:

Post a Comment