Sunday, May 8, 2016

10 years

Friday was our 10 year anniversary. So crazy to think how far we have come in 10 years and all by Gods amazing grace.  

The day was insane with housecleaning, grocery shopping, girls had a half day, then play dates, then gymnastics for both of them. Rushed home took the dough out of the bread maker and made our Friday pizza, then got ready quickly for our schools production of Mary Poppins at the Duncan theatre... Which was almost sold out for two nights. While I took the girls and their friends to the play Steve and Mara went to the airport to pick up tom and Patrice for the weekend. 
We all walked in the door around 10:30 pm. Such a crazy day- I barley had a chance To say hi to Steve! 
We passed out after a quick visit and then woke up Saturday and took Steve's parents on the boat to our favourite... Galiano island for a day of island and beach exploring. 
It was a gorgeous day but terrifying when we tried pulling into the beach at extremely low tide and these big waves started coming over the back of the boat as we were stuck. Very scary with girls screaming. But Steve handled it so well and kept his cool and got us all out of there in one piece! 
After a picnic lunch Steve took his dad out fishing (with no luck) while Patrice and I got in some good visits and sunshine! 
The girls had a wonderful day exploring, then we headed home to yummy pulled pork I had in the crock pot. 
It was a wonderful day and everyone slept so well. 

This morning was Mother's Day and I came down to the kitchen with a full breakfast of bacon, sausage, hash browns, eggs, toast and fruit. The girls were helping grandpa and were so cute and excited with their presents they made from school. I am one lucky mom with three beautiful, thoughtful princesses. 
Currently Steve and I are on the Washington state ferry heading to Seattle and enjoying some quiet (he's catching up on work... Blah... It never ends!) 
We are looking forward to a couple days of sight seeing and the hill song concert tomorrow night. Should be good! And we are so fortunate that tom and Patrice flew out to take care of our little girls. Feeling pretty blessed today!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment