At 9 months it feels like Adessa is learning something new every day, such as playing peek-a-boo with her blankie, or clapping, or uttering new words. And Danika is always surprising me with her perception of the world... I love it. Last night after playing hockey with the camp staff Steve and I came home to hear this awesome story from our babysitter... This wonderful girl who has volunteered many of her hours to watch our girls told us that Danika can not (or will not, we aren't sure) say her name so she asked Danika what she would like to call her, in which Danika very quickly replied, "Polka Dot."
Another story from this particular evening, occurred when they were reading Danika's bed time story, 'Gigi- Gods little princess.' There was a person in the book who said he was the King and Danika very seriously looked at 'Polka Dot' and said, "No, only Jesus is the King."
One morning this past week as Danika headed to our bedroom for our daily family cuddles Danika told us that "Jesus gave grace to the world." Amen sweetie. I find that in the quiet of the morning some of the sweetest words are spoken by a very innocent little girl. My girls teach me something new every day, whether it is to just slow down and literally smell the roses, or to go in the play room and get lost in the land of make believe. I learn many life lessons when I take the time to just slow down and enjoy life with my two baby girls. I hope I can remember this and make it a priority in our lives, as life just flies by!!
Sweet and precious... did I tell you that Ella "asked" Jesus into her heart? And that she says "Jesus lives in my heart?" (and then looks down her shirt and says "hi Jesus hi" hahah... our kiddies are so amazing...
ReplyDelete