Today was nice. I woke up early for my daily walk with Meeko and set out on a new path with him. I have been taking the same path since we got him and decided to switch things up a bit today, so we went down to the ocean.. um hello, we live 2 blocks from the ocean and this is the first time I took him down there?! I know.. quite shocking to me too!
Anyways I got down to the Crofton Seawalk and just stood there taking it all in. It was so peaceful, the water was like glass, the sun coming up, with the most beautiful pink sky, and it was just perfect.... or would have been, if I didn't have little meeko doing his own thing! But then I guess I wouldn't have been out at all!
After the walk, we had a nice family breakfast and then I got a call from a good friend, saying she was kidless and wanted to meet up for lunch. How wonderful! I was able to leave the girls with Steve, go to Duncan and try out a perfect little restaurant literally nestled in the heart of downtown Duncan. And my oh my did we ever eat! The food was delicious and the company was perfect! It was so nice to go out with no children, to be able to focus on my own meal and carry on a full conversation!
Then this evening I came home and the girls and I picked out a movie for our movie night! We watched Tinker bell 3, ate icecream and cuddled.
Today was one of those days that was just plain old refreshing!
No comments:
Post a Comment