I spent a good hour last night detailing my trip to El Salvador and how it came to be along with our first few days, however when I went to check this evening and add to it, it was gone! How frustrating! I am feeling quite upset as I detailed everything, but don't have time right now so will give a quick overview. A few months ago I was asked if I wanted to go on a mission trip to El Salvador with 4 ladies that I have grown up with and their daughters, along with my mother and sister. I instantly said no it wasn't possible. However as I told more and more people about the opportunity it seemed like my answer was going to change to a tentative yes. My sister instantly said yes as she had never been on a mission trip, but my mother was in the same boat as me. After Seeking WISDOM from many around me the consensus was yes, so I took a step of faith, not sure how all the details would turn out... But God sure did. A couple in my life group had a brother who had just married a Salvadorian and she lived right in San Salvador where we would be staying and could act as our translator, I felt like that was the first step in God affirming this decision to go. Then my in-laws said they would send out Steve's sister to help out with the girls for the week I was gone. And finally my pastor made a video of me detailing the trip and played it at church for 3 weeks. During that short period of time all the funds and then some were donated towards the trip... Wow God sure blew me away!!! I really felt Gods blessing and hand upon this trip. We also were able to raise 6 sewing machines and 1 serger for the translation homes we are going to help paint.
Day 1
Was traveling. Arrived in Vancouver Friday night and left the hotel at 4:30 am to catch our 7 am flight. We arrived in Houston for our 5 hour layover and then were in San Salvador at 8 pm. Very hot and humid, we were picked up by our auto bus and all squished in there and taken to our hotel.
Day 2
We woke up bright and early to be taken out to a countryside church amongst the homes built of scrap metal. It was such an experience, one I won't forget. The countryside is gorgeous and the people are so loving and beautiful. We were welcomed into the church service with hugs and kisses and spent a few hours worshiping God. Aunt Greta the 83 year old that has come with us and was my roommate the first night spoke and shared her testimony. And then As soon as she finished the torrential rains began. You couldn't here anything over the deafening sound on the tin roof. But God is amazing- as soon as we watched the 3 baptisms that took place in the courtyard the rain stopped and we were able to go. The ride down the mountain we got stuck in a ditch and had to get out and walk, but everyone just had so much fun, and Gods peace was with us all!
After lunch at pizza hut (it is very Americanized here!) we went to another church which had 200 woman waiting for us to put on our woman's seminar. We had so much fun and each got to share our testimony. Today we did the children's carnivals, but I will share that tomorrow, I am much too tired to keep my eyes open any longer... All I can say is that God is so good and has been in every moment here... Please continue to pray for us and the people of El Salvador!!!
love that you updated....praying for you and your team...xoxos
ReplyDelete