Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May LONG

I have been hiding out since I got home from my mission trip. I have been finding it very challenging as every day on the mission trip was such a rush and I felt like I was accomplishing something great everyday. We were extremely busy, leaving the hotel by 8am and not back until 9pm, and yet I didn't feel tired at all. I was invigorated and could barely sleep. And since being home I am tired all the time and find it so hard to just do the mundane mother, housewife stuff. And then on the weekend all of Crofton got hit by the Norwalk virus, starting in Danikas kindergarten class and so we hid out all weekend. I have been finding it hard to place my emotions since coming home. As we saw so much in such little time and then coming home to my beautiful home, and all the 'stuff' we have. I don't even know what to write, because I haven't figured it out yet!
Anyways this past weekend we thought we wanted to camp... that is until Danika and Steve got sick (somehow Adessa and I got missed!) and so we stuck around home and found some beautiful little spots 10 minutes down the road. Friday and Saturday we found a swimming hole on the river and hung out all day, packing a picnic lunch and playing in the sand, and collecting rocks. Then on Sunday I taught a very quiet Kidzland as I think everyone was home sick! Then we headed out to check out a new little spot, it was Breathtaking! 
This is where the river meets the ocean, it was gorgeous. When we got there, there were tons of Retriever dogs and their owners practicing duck hunting for an upcoming world competition. It was pretty neat to watch. 
This is our Meeko  retrieving a stick! 
 The girls being tigers on the big rock
 My man and his pooch... poor guy was pretty sick, but was still such a trooper!
 It was so gorgeous and peaceful... minus the gun shooting!

 We then walked a different direction and found a sweet fishing hole... Steve loved it and the girls dug for worms!
 Danika has been learning all about butterfly's in school and was ECSTATIC to find this 'Tiger' butterfly, she even got to touch it! 
 I'm impressed with my camera!
 We also found wild asparagus!!! It was growing all over, it was pretty exciting and we picked a whole bunch and cooked it up at dinner... so delicious! 
 This tree was COVERED in caterpillar nests... there were MILLIONS
 The beautiful little fish Steve caught... but don't worry he went right back in the water!
 The girls and I had such a fun adventure while Steve fished. We walked out towards the ocean and in one of the ponds we found 4 families of Geese. Each with the mom, dad and their goslings. We watched them for quite awhile... a very special moment. I love my girls and their adventurous sides. We are now on the hunt to find the movie 'Fly Away Home' for the girls to watch about Canadian Geese. 

2 comments:

  1. fly away home is on netflix!!! do you have netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it?! I don't... maybe I have to get it! :)

    ReplyDelete