Saturday morning we headed out to a good friends bake sale at an antique farm sale. The girls were off playing and we were browsing and visiting when we realized we no longer saw Adessa, we asked the girls where she was, and they didn't know. Steve and I calmly started walking around calling her name and asking friends if they had seen her. After about 5 minutes the panic settled in and my calm pace turned into frantic running and yelling her name. We circled the farm a few times to no avail, checked inside, behind, in front. I was in hysterics. I started bolting up the driveway and saw Steve holding Adessa and I just broke down and grabbed her and sobbed... along with a few good friends. That was the scariest 15 minutes of my entire life and I will NEVER forget that feeling.
Apparently Adessa had decided to walk to the van (parked on the side of a busy country road) to get Meeko out to come play with the other animals. Thank goodness that the husband of the house was at the end of the road charging admission to get in... which at first we thought was a bit unfortunate, but after that I was SO grateful!
Every single bad thought had raced through both Steve's and my mind and we couldn't shake the feeling the rest of the day. But God is good and kept her safe and I will never forget that and pray it never, ever happens again!
No comments:
Post a Comment