Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer

Summer is half over and I have not posted anything at all. And it is not for lack of things to write about, but quite the opposite. This summer has been an absolute whirlwind of activity and I have hundreds of pictures to prove it. However I don't think I will get around to posting them... maybe a few of my favorites, but we'll see. The summer started out with the big trek back to Alberta for a couple of weeks. The main event being Steve's sister, Leah getting married. We took a couple of days to get out there and then I was supposed to leave for Vegas on a little trip with the girls, but realized I had forgotten my passport. I put out a facebook plea seeing if anyone could meet us during our 3 hour layover in Vancouver. My friend Lana was my hero and drove across to Vancouver to meet us... what a good friend! Vegas was fun, we shopped, walked the strip, took in an amazing Cirque De Soleil show and soaked up the +40 sun. Our flight home was delayed and so we made it home a day before the wedding... cutting it a little close!

My amazing in-laws and best hubby in the world watched the girls and we had quite the scare with my Danika. She had been violently ill with what we thought was the flu on the way out to Calgary and which lasted 4 days, with no appetite, until Steve took her to emergency and they told us she had a terrible bladder infection. She went on antibiotics and was scheduled for an ultrasound the next day. Steve took her to that and they called in the Dr. right away as it looked like she had appendicitis and Steve was told to take her to the children's hospital. But once the surgeon saw the ultrasound he said to wait a few days on the antibiotics and if they didn't work to take her into emerg. This all happened while I was in Vegas, it was pretty terrifying and I prayed so much for my little angel. Thankfully the antibiotics worked and she started feeling better as soon as I got home. But my poor husband and in-laws, I felt so terrible. But so thankful that it didn't turn into anything more serious.

Leah's and Zach's wedding was beautiful, and Leah looked amazing. Danika, Adessa and their cousin Emilie were the flower girls and they did such a great job. I was a bridesmaid and we had so much fun taking pictures in beautiful Canmore. My talented husband MC'ed the evening and did a fantastic job. I am looking forward to seeing all the pictures from that beautiful day!

  The next day we had a chance to visit family and my mother-in-laws sister from Newfoundland was out, so it was great to catch up. On Monday we headed to my families for a little family reunion on my dad's side. It was probably the only cold day while we were there, which was a bit of a bummer as we spent the day at the lake. But it was so great to see my cousins, and their children- which got along very well with mine and my sisters. The week at my families was very busy, filled with lots of lake days, and a trip to Calaway park. Since half of Danika's kindergarten class had been to Disneyland, we have been hounded about when the girls got to go, so I told them Calaway  park was just like Disneyland, except without the princesses...  But to them it made no difference, they LOVED every moment, and the best part is that the lines were short and the rides were amazing to them, enough to fit into one day, and with room to even fit in a magician show! My dad was a champ and took the girls on most of the rides as I have officially become old and get too dizzy on rides now... so sad!

My sister threw a big birthday party for Adessa, with lots of presents and cake, and made it very special for my little girl, as family wouldn't be around to celebrate on her actual birthday. Nancy our interpreter from El Salvador was also at the party, and it was so great to see her.
Our trip was wonderful, we enjoyed every minute, and it was so nice to be back in Calgary during the summer as we haven't been back in the summer for 3 years. We felt like we got in lots of time with family, even though it was busy and were so thankful for that opportunity.

 The next trip back to Calgary is already planned for November 3rd as my little brother is getting married!!! I can't even believe it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment