Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My posts are going to be a collection of random photos and thoughts as I just can't keep up with my blog! But I am trying my best to remember details so here goes...

Amara is still the happiest little girl in the world! She is literally my little doll and I am having so much fun with her! She LOVES her bath time... sorry for the nudity in the shot, but she just finished her bath and was so excited! She loves her swing and she is so good traveling in the car.
Birthday's once in school become quite the ordeal! You HAVE to bring cupcakes because they celebrate the child in their class, which is very special, but more work. Especially when I decide last minute to make my cake batter and icing from scratch. We had a little cake decorating class at MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) so I went and bought a little kit at walmart for beginners and went to work. My oh my... it was a whole day ordeal and by the end I wasn't a happy momma. So I learned my lesson, I will buy boxed cake mix, but would probably still do the icing by hand because it holds its form so well and everything stayed good for a week! Anyways Danika was very happy with her cupcakes and the kids in class LOVED them!
The next day when it was her actual birthday and party, I made the cake from scratch and icing, but let Danika go ahead and decorate herself, she fully enjoyed herself. 
For Danikas party we rented the Duncan Gymnastics place. This was Danika's first time doing gymnastics and she loved every moment! I was laughing so hard watching both Danika and Adessa as they tumbled along and disappeared into the foam pit. And Adessa kept up with the 6 and 7 year olds... the girl doesn't miss a beat!
I have loved this year with Danika and 7 years old seems so old to me! There has been a lot of tough times, but also a lot of good. It has been so amazing to watch Danika catch onto reading, and these past couple of months watching her breeze through her little home reading books. She loves her baby sister with all her heart and loves to cuddle her on the couch and make Amara smile.

Amara is now 4 months old and I just took her in for her vaccinations. So heart wrenching to hear this little girl cry, since she rarely ever does! I am loving every moment with this little beauty, I wish there were more moments of just being able to sit and stare and kiss.

Here is a little comparison chart of our girls weights and heights... just for fun!

                                 Birth                        2 months                       4 months 

Amara      weight     6 lbs 14 oz                10 lbs  4 oz                     13 lbs
                 height      19.29 inches              21.02 inches                    23.15 inches

Adessa      weight   7 lbs 13 oz                 11 lbs 11 oz                     13 lbs 14 oz
                  height    21 inches                                                            23.75 inches

Danika       weight    4 lbs 9 oz                  9 lbs 2 oz                           12 lbs 2 oz
                  height    17 inches                   21 inches                             24 inches 

Adessa is keeping me as busy as ever. Her latest thing she loves are her "Lonely baths," She always asks for them. I think it is because her big sister is starting to enjoy showering by herself for some quiet time, so Adessa apparently prefers her lonely baths. 

For Steve's 30th birthday we had a bunch of people out to our friends farm. It was a beautiful evening. Everyone brought Steve beer... I guess what else do you get a guy?!? So we are stocked up for the summer! Also a good buddy got Steve some Duck Dynasty attire, a favorite show around here! It was a really nice evening filled with lots of laughs, some firecrackers and good friends. We feel so blessed by the wonderful friendships we have!
For my birthday my hubby surprised me by arranging childcare for my girls then having me go to a day spa in Duncan for a facial and massage. It was so wonderful to be shut into a dark room for 2 hours... I didn't want to leave! I felt very loved on my day and was spoiled by many awesome presents and in the evening was taken out on an adventure by a good friend! I got a new beautiful watch and my first pair of birkenstock sandals, which I LOVE. I also got some money for a shopping spree I will have to go on soon... I can't wait!
I have also started playing soccer on Monday nights with some ladies in Duncan. It feels so good to be out on the field again. And I love exercising when you don't feel like you are, because it is so much fun! But it is really encouraging me to get back in shape. I am almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but definitely want to start working out and feeling better! There just isn't any time in the day!

Well that is the end of my random post... stay tuned for many more that will probably be similiar! ;) 

1 comment:

  1. sorry I missed seeing you on your birthday with Sharon! I would have loved to, if I was in town! And I missed seeing you here at camp yesterday! I hope you're feeling better now and ready for the last week of school.

    ReplyDelete