I wish I could stop time and stay in this moment forever.
It is crazy how quickly you move on and forget what each stage is like, because I look at my Danika who is about to turn 7 and I wonder how we got here, when it was yesterday that she was 4 pounds in an incubator in the hospital. And how Adessa is almost 4 years old and makes me laugh every day with her crazy abundance of energy. And now my third precious child is almost 4 months old and has gone from sleeping ALL day to smiling, laughing and grabbing onto all sorts of things. She no longer wants to be held tight against my chest where I can deeply breathe in her sweet baby scent, for its as if she will miss what her big sisters are doing. So much has changed in these few short months and I wish I could freeze time so I don't miss anything.
Amara has officially moved out of size 1 diapers and is now in size 2. She is standing in her jolly jumper and sitting in the bumbo and is focusing so hard on objects placed in front of her. She smiles if you talk to her, even mid cry, she will look up and give you the greatest smile. She has officially moved out of our room and is all alone in her new big room. The first morning Danika went in to talk to her and told me that as soon as Amara saw her she giggled, because she finally felt love in her empty room!
As crazy hectic life is at the moment, I do truly love it. I love the busyness, I love how the girls love their little sister and each time they pass her they yell out a big "HI AMARA" in the tone only they each can produce. I love that every time they yell it, it is quickly followed by a "Oh, she smiled at me!"
Amara is continuing on her awesome sleep schedule of going to sleep around 8 pm, waking once around 4 am to eat, fall back asleep and sleep in until 7 or 8 am. She has been such a blessing, and I can truly say I have enjoyed every moment with this sweet little girl who I am so in love with. I can't imagine our lives without her. Her tiny little toes and fingers, her sweet chubby cheeks and silky soft hair. Everyone who meets her still comments on her beautiful head of hair and how beautiful she is. I feel weird writing it out, because I don't want to feel like I am bragging, but she truly is a beautiful little girl with such a sweet demeanor.
I took the girls for a walk the other day after school. With Amara on my ergo carrier, Adessa in the stroller, Meeko on the leash and Danika riding her bike. It probably looked a little crazy as a few people commented that I sure had my hands full. But I loved every moment. I love when I get to the beach that has become our new walking path, where I can just sit and take in the girls endlessly exploring. The girls fight a lot, but they also play very well together. I love watching their friendship grow and the way they imagine together.
Danika is still very bossy, something we are working on, and Adessa continues to not be told what to do, which can make for some loud screaming matches. But they are becoming less and less. (Thank God!)
Steve continues to be busy and we have only God to thank for that! He has several jobs on the go and has hired several men to work for him. I am so proud of him though, he is really loving the new role of being a contractor and no longer working on the tools. But he does find himself on the phone all day and driving in his truck.
This time around with the third child, we both just seem to be so relaxed now. I mean I still have my insane moments where I can't handle the mess and chaos around me, but I truly have loosened the reins as I physically can't keep up with my home anymore. For the first time since we have been married, the laundry sits clean in the laundry basket without being folded for a long time, the floor collects dust bunnies and dog fur blows across my floor. The bathrooms go uncleaned and there are fingerprints on literally everything! Oh and who has time for dusting!?! It has been a process in my heart that I do continually struggle with everyday, because I like everything just so- but God is teaching me how very valuable my time is and how if I don't sit down and play or cuddle you blink and they grow up.
Our birthday week is coming up and my Danika will be 7, I will be 26 and my hubby will be the big 3-0!
![]() |
| The MASSIVE shop Steve is building. 4200 sq ft. It is beautiful! |








No comments:
Post a Comment