Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Annual Mount Washington Trip

We just arrived home from a weekend away with some very special friends. This was our second annual trip to a chalet on mount washington. Last year we were buried in snow and this year there was hardly any- the mountain wasn't even opened. But we still made the most of it and had a blast. We took off Friday afternoon and packed the truck to the brim... For 2 nights! Life is crazy with 3 kiddos! We got there, unpacked everything when I realized that I forgot Amara's bag... The one I needed the most! But we managed... And it's amazing to see what you can get away with actually using! Thankfully I had her diaper bag with one sleeper and 7 diapers which I rationed through the weekend! 
There were 24 of us in the chalet. 6 couples and 12 children. In a 4 bedroom 4 bath chalet. But we managed and it actually didn't feel squishy at all! The kids all got along great and we adults had a wonderful time. There was lots of time spent in the hot tub and we went outside to make our own toboganning hills. But it was very warm and wet. A highlight of last year was the tubing at the mountain but unfortunately that was closed. And when we tired to go up and tobogan we got kicked off because of insurance reasons. So we drove around until we found our own little hill and the kids had a blast! Amara touched snow for the first time and was totally content sitting atop a toboggan watching the kids. 

Saturday night we did our ugly Christmas sweater party and gift exchange and had some good laughs!I love this group of people we get to share life with. 

The ladies who remembered their sweaters... I couldn't find a Christmas sweater, just an ugly one!
The winners of the night... however Danika mentioned the next morning that they were not ugly, but indeed beautiful! I agreed! ;) 
The men were having a little bit too much fun!
Games!
Trying to find a place to toboggan

Adessa is growing up soo quickly. This trip she was amazing! She played the entire time and loved being outside. Last year she only lasted a few minutes before wanting to go inside. It is amazing how big of difference a year makes!
12 children in one chalet! 
She spent a lot of time just touching the snow

Good times!!!

Underwater cameras, always a good time! ....

Family picture time!
I love my big girl so much... she is growing up so quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment