My mommy flew out to visit solo a couple weekends ago and spent a week with us. It was so wonderful to have her. I sure had missed her!
We kept totally busy the entire time. When she arrived we stopped in Goldstream and spent a couple of hours checking out the salmon run. There were thousands of giant fish all swimming upstream, and dead ones everyone... it sure stunk! We walked down to the nature center and the girls did "fish prints" where they had a giant dead fish, the girls painted it and stuck a piece of paper on it... they sure enjoyed that! YUCK!
The next day we took mom out on the boat to check out the sea lions in Cowichan Bay. These beasts come up from California every winter to gorge on fish for a couple of months and then head back down. It was quite the experience! We were blessed with a gorgeous, sunny day and I am always amazed at God's beauty when I am on the ocean. There is so much to see and so much to enjoy!
| Posing just for me! |
| So fun having Grandma with us! |
| Amara's first time seeing the sea lions... I don't think she even noticed! |
| My beautiful momma, right in her element! |
| They have some big chompers on them! |
| Captain Steve and his right hand girl |
|
|
| Such amazing creatures |
| We got a little too close for comfort... our boat wasn't turning quite as quickly as I wanted it to... |
| We almost had a new passenger!!! |
|
|
| Grandma making the annual gingerbread house with the girls and giving them bunny ears... classic! |
| Took mom out to a ladies dinner at Calvary Baptist Church... I feel so very blessed to have a mother as loving, caring, helpful and generous as this one!!! |
![]() |
| Grandma helped setup the Christmas tree and do the decorations |
![]() |
| Meeko and Grandma have a special bond |
![]() |
| My 10 month old baby on her new walker toy from Grandma! Where has the time gone!!! |
![]() |
| Mom and I went on a few hikes... this is her element!!! Love you MOM!!!! Miss you already and I think nature is calling you back and maybe some others as well!!! |









No comments:
Post a Comment