What a fabulous weekend! I had a crazy idea last week to fly out to Calgary as I was bored one evening and was looking at airmiles and found the perfect flights. So I called Linsey and she had to work both Friday and Saturday but said she would try her hardest to get them off and we put our plan in motion to surprise my mom for Mother's Day!!
Friday I woke up sick with the flu... But I still was flying to Calgary! So Steve took me to the airport for the 2:15 flight! It was actually so nice to fly by myself... Brought along a new book and had a very beautiful flight out... I was mesmerized by the beauty out my window... I call this island home!
I arrived in Calgary at 5 pm and my brother in law picked me up, ran me to their house where Linsey was eagerly awaiting me! We packed up and headed to moms. She called mom the week before to "book" her for the weekend by saying she needed a break and wanted to come for a sleepover for the weekend. So we headed out to okotoks and she went in first- me following 5 minutes later! My sister took a video...
That evening I wasn't feeling to great, but we had a wonderful visit and then went to a church to watch "the soul cafe" where we sat and watched musicians... We thought we could visit, but kept getting looks so we eventually snuck out one by one. It was fun, but I wasn't doing so great and we were all tired! I sadly went to bed early and in the morning was pretty darn sick! I was so disappointed- but we still made the most of it! We sat in our Jammie's all morning visiting and trying to play a few games. Dad went to watch my little nephews first soccer game and then brought back cinnamon buns from cobbs bakery.
We surprised my mom with a night at the Hyatt we bought on Hotwire... So I had to get better! I plugged myself up with immodium and my dad made a magic drink he always takes when he has an upset stomach. I was super skeptical, but decided to trust him... And it worked!!! A teaspoon of baking soda in quarter cup of orange juice... Bam!!! Who knew?!
So amazing when we told mom we were taking her to the Hyatt... because my dad had won a $150 gift card to the Hyatt's fancy restauraunt that was going to expire in a month, and they had had it for a year... it was meant to be!
Once I was feeling better we had some fun taking some pictures, and then went to Calgary so I could have a visit with my beautiful 94 year old grandma... so wonderful to see her! We took her to Tim Hortons for a Danish and she loved it. My dad was going into town later to take her for dinner.

We checked into the gorgeous hotel and had the most wonderful surprise! Dad had arranged for chocolate dipped strawberries and wine to be waiting for us when we checked in! Such a lovely surprise!
It was gorgeous in Calgary so we went for a walk right downtown and ended up in Winners until it closed... I love shopping with my mom and sister! So much fun!
We went back to the hotel, freshened up and went for dinner... so fun with my mom and sis... and knowing it was paid for! :)
We then went back to the room, got ready for the hot tub, soaked for a bit, went back to the room to rent the movie "Tammy"... which mom and I both passed out for! Sorry Sis!

Sunday morning we slept in, then got ready and went shopping again... we drove out to the huge balzac mall and shopped for a few hours before all fading, going for a nice lunch, then the dropped me off at the airport where I got to say a quick hi to Joel and Nikayla and headed for the plane!
It was perfect! Quick trip... but so much quality time together... the best mothers day ever! So blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Steve and the girls were waiting to pick me up and they all were so happy to see me... Steve was my superhero! The girls were all fed well (he cooked and made the best chicken and omelettes the girls ahve ever had!) And my house was spotless! I am SOOO lucky!!! :)
Mom sent me these fun pictures she took...





No comments:
Post a Comment