Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Camp Imadene's WOA 2015

I FINALLY got to be a camper at my good friend, Sharon's women's retreat! This was her fourth year putting it on and each year I have either been away or had a baby! So I was pumped to be able to go. I invited SO MANY friends but in the end only 2 could actually make it... but it was meant to be!
The camp this year doubled in size so they needed to open more rooms at a retreat center down the road and thankfully myself and my friends got to stay there... it was pure luxury! Such an amazing weekend getaway. So many fun pictures and good memories, but here were a few highlights...
Our little home for the weekend... each had our own comfortable bed, a kitchen and bathroom. 
Our first activity was glass pendant making... after lunch we grabbed a delicious coffee at the coffee bar and crafted! 

Friday night there was a jazzercise class and we had so much fun and sweated our butts off, so afterwards a few of us jumped in the lake! So wonderfully refreshing! I love lake swimming. 
The weather was perfect all weekend and the sunsets were stunning. 

Haha... our first night we snuck back plates of food to our room and we each had brought a bottle of wine!


Sent this to Sharon... wish she could have joined us in the hot tub, sipping wine out of plastic wine goblets!

Next day after breakfast we went to the shooting range... my first time! And I loved it! 
My friend Crystal who I was able to bring with me last minute... this girl needed a break and I am thankful I got to know her better! 

We tried out every gun

The shotguns were my favorite... the first half I was frustrated, but by the end I was shooting up those clay pigeons, such a fun feeling!

After lunch we hiked up the mountain to rapell down it... something I have never done and was a bit terrified because I think I am scared of heights! 
Something Lydia had never done either, but she was a great support and we had fun



Jon had to pep talk me down the mountain.
I did it! But I couldn't look down! 


Lydia did great! She was nervous but was all jokes up there!

The mountain we rappelled down... isn't it a gorgeous camp!

My glass pendants I created after being melted

This girl did amazing! So proud to call her friend! Such an epic weekend for so many ladies, and I was blessed to be a part of it! 

Last night dessert bar... apparently we weren't supposed to take one of each! Oops we missed the memo!! Everything was home made, all the cooking all weekend and everything was spectacular! Especially the part where we didn't have to cook or clean! 

The lantern lit pathway

Last morning, we got geared up to head out mountain biking... It was unreal! The girl who taught it is a professional mountain biker and she brought some amazing demo bikes for us to try. I learned so much and we had a blast doing some cross country mountain biking. 

Sharon being thanked at the end for her hard work... she rocked it! 
Amelia Lowe... special girl! Her husband and puppy were at my house all weekend helping Steve with the girls while Amelia and I got to be at camp! We are lucky girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment