Friday morning a friend bailed on me to try out a hike in Ladysmith I have been wanting to try up to Heart lake. So my wonderful husband made the decision to shut off his cell phone and take the morning off. One of our last until school starts up again in the fall, with just one of the three kiddos. It was a gorgeous morning. The hike up the mountain was basically straight up and down... so steep- Steve and I felt like we were going to die! But once we made it up, it was so worth it! The views were incredible! And then again once we made it to the lake, it was so gorgeous. I love being in God's amazing creation! I dove in the lake... something I have always wanted to do at the top of a hike! It was so refreshing... even Amara came for a quick dip. And the dogs were loving the swim and drink of water! We had a little picnic up there and then headed back down. From the time we left our house, hiked and got home it was a total of 3 hours.
After school, I grabbed the girls and we went home and packed for a beach night. The Smith family had invited us over for a BBQ which turned into having one on Tent Island. We took our boats and they brought a little BBQ and we had an awesome dinner on the beach, gorgeous sunset and all. All the kids did amazing and explored all evening, we cooked s'mores, the guys did some fishing and there was a little bit of swimming. Poor Amara cut her ankle on some glass, so after that she was done for the night- but she did pretty good considering we didn't get home until 10!
It was the perfect evening, complete with the most amazing sunset...
All pointing to our God's Glory! I was in absolute awe as the sky looked like it was on fire! Isn't God amazing?!




No comments:
Post a Comment