This guy....
He had kind of a crappy day at work, which is frustrating for him when he works SO HARD on getting quotes out for work, and then having people tell him he is too expensive. But he still persists, and I continue to pray that God has His hand of blessing on his company and all his interactions. This guy has so much on his plate right now, and he does so well with all that is thrown his way.
After he was done work, we headed up to camp imadene to our friends house, the Burdges. Steve just wanted to keep it simple and do a wiener roast for his birthday. Once we got there Sharon was hard at work behind the BBQ making those delicious pastry puff things (they are a dutch tradition and I can't remember what they are called!) But they were amazing! You were supposed to eat them with watermelon... but my kids thought they tasted just fine on their own! We had a nice night of eating tons, then walking around the property checking out all the new projects Chris was working on... the camp looks AMAZING! Such a fun thing to see the progress of all their hard work out there!
Sharon made a delicious angel food cake complete with whipped cream and strawberries and we all sang Steve happy birthday!
Our evening ended when Adessa got her finger stuck in the metal hinge of a reclining chair and it sounded like her finger got chopped off. I freaked out, and was quickly escorted out of the room... I am not someone you would want around in case of an emergency- I tend to make things worse. So Steve tended to Adessa, which thankfully was only a surface wound... I don't even think it bled! But Chris took out his first aid kit and made Adessa laugh with all his funny questions.
It was a late night... but such a nice one. We are so lucky to be surrounded by so many people we love and blessed to have such wonderful families in our lives! And I am happy to celebrate another year of my hunnys life!!! xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment