Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TC 10K

Second annual times colonist 10 km race with this chica. So fun to go up Saturday night, we stopped and had fun at a thrift store and both scored some fun deals then went out for a fun Mexican dinner complete with strawberry margaritas. We fell asleep early (I didn't sleep much) and then was awake by 5 am... Must have been excited to get running! 😁
I didn't train much this year but had the goal to just keep running and run the entire time... Even through the water stations... Which ended up with me pouring water down my face instead of in my mouth. 
I was hurting pretty good at the 8k mark but pushed through and picked up my pace for the end, knowing the course from last year. 
There were 7900+ racers this year... It was insane, but so much fun! 
I ran it in 56 minutes this year compared to an hour and 3 minutes last year... So maybe every year I'll get a bit faster?! 
We showered up at the hotel and then headed to Costco to load up for the week... Child free! 
We stopped for coffees and then stopped at a yummy breakfast place to reward ourselves with delicious eggs Benedict. 
Came home to my family totally refreshed (and exhausted!) but was so proud of myself and had a good weekend with my good friend. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment