This past week has been a bit rough. Adessa has had a fever for about 4 days on and off and yesterday during church Amara started to get one too. But it forced me to slow down a bit and play games with the girls, read, colour and cuddle. I also got in a good movie all by myself while I had one on for the girls.
Mothers day was so special. My girls had been planning it all week and Saturday Steve took the girls shopping. I woke up to my girls bringing me breakfast in bed and coffee... Adessa has been making me coffee for a couple months now and she has perfected the pot, so lucky I am!
Steve has been fighting a painful sinus infection for awhile and hasn't been sleeping great and so I volunteered to go help make the "main course" There was french toast, whipping cream and bacon. After breakfast the girls loaded me up with presents, handmade gifts of necklaces, bracelets, a coaster with a poem by Danika, A photo frame with Adessa's face, cards that made me cry with their beautiful words and then a Vancouver Island Starbucks mug, that they bought with their own money. Steve then presented me with 2 brand new knifes from pots and paraphernalia in Duncan... I have been complaining for years about my bad knifes so I was very excited!!! I was spoiled rotten! I can't believe God has given me the privilege to be a mother and raise these three beautiful girls. I am blessed indeed!
After church we went to our friends house the Nelsons for a hike and dinner, they just got home from packing up their lives for 6 weeks in a little 20 foot trailer and driving down the states to California. It was good to see them... apparently their kids have also been fighting fevers, so our kids were in good company! We left the kids and the adults went for a nice hike with our pups. It was a lovely day with a delicious dinner to finish off!
A little tribute I posted on my moms wall for Mothers day... sure missed her today!



No comments:
Post a Comment