The week started with Grandma and Grandpa taking the girls for a day while I went with Steve to Victoria for the camp church invasion. 200 staff fit into a church downtown and then after we went to Beacon Hill Park for staff building games. It felt like a date for us as we got to drive to Victoria by ourselves, with adult conversation! We also went out for dinner and some icecream which was the perfect end to the evening. During the day we were away my mom painted our brown garage door white, and it looks excellent! My mom did a bunch of gardening around the house and my dad installed a new fan in the roof, they were such a great help!
One day we visited Salt Spring Island and hiked around Ruckle Park, it was gorgeous! We ate some yummy fish and chips on the ferry ride home.
One day we visited Salt Spring Island and hiked around Ruckle Park, it was gorgeous! We ate some yummy fish and chips on the ferry ride home.
The end of the week we went up to Parksville area for a couple of nights and stayed in a beautiful resort in Nanoose Bay. The girls and I got very spoiled! Adessa proved to be a insomniac as she did not want to miss a thing and therefore did not nap and woke up every few hours at night. Even though she barely slept, you would not know it, as she ALWAYS had a smile on her face and made everyone laugh. She is such a little character!
On Canada day we went into Parksville to watch the parade and Danika got loaded up with Candy. We went back to the resort after and rested all afternoon then packed the girls up and went to watch Trooper with 100,000 other people followed by the firework show. Definately the highlight of the night was when Danika started dancing around to Trooper! It was so fun watching Danika rock out to the songs. We really missed Steve, but he was back at camp working away as camp starts today! Mom and dad left early this morning and I miss them so much already! Thanks for the great time and good memories mom and dad! Oh and the weather is finally full of sunshine and warmth... figures since they left!
Danika's got some real moves. I didn't know the girl had so much soul :)
ReplyDeleteNicole, Your Mom & Dad are sure a good looking couple. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with them. Danika & Adessa are so adorable, and I want to come see them now!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked but there are no seat sales yet. I'm going to keep looking because I'd love to come for a weekend sometime this summer. Has Steve had a few days off yet? Love you all:)
ReplyDelete