Friday, June 25, 2010

So it begins...

Today was GORGEOUS! This afternoon staff for the summer began to arrive (I believe somewhere around the 100 mark, including our full time staff already, there is around 200 staff) and as I sat on the lawn at camp, it began to feel like summer! As part of the staff team (by marriage ;-) we were assigned a team. In the evening after dinner the staff all played games-except my hubby, he never gets to join in the games, because he is always working! Danika was quite eager to join in. I LOVE seeing her at camp and this year there is such a HUGE difference in her. I don't know if it is age, or just being surrounded by people but Danika has really broken out of her shell. Like this evening I was sitting with Adessa and told Danika to go find the blue team (all staff were in a GIANT circle, remember there is around the 200 mark of them!) and she says okay and walks off around the circle looking for 'her team.' She walks around and meets me at the other end, telling me she can't find them, when the announcer (Stevie-G) announces that Danika needs the blue team to find her. They swoop in and grab her and she joined in the rest of the night! It was so cool to see!
Adessa is also very socialized and will go to anyone who will have her! (Such a wonderful break for mommy!) She is a very outgoing little gal.
My mom and dad are coming tomorrow and I am very excited! It is the perfect week for them to come and visit because Steve will be doing staff training and will be gone for morning until late night.
As I put Danika down tonight, this was her prayer, "Dear Jesus, thanks for letting me play in the game, and for letting me win. I love you. I miss you. I love you real much. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. it IS wonderful watching staff love on our kids isn't it? They benefit greatly!! Enjoy your parents visit!!

    ReplyDelete