Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taking the Plunge!






So last night, I did the challenge course at camp! Since we have moved to work at Qwanoes I have been telling people that I wanted to try everything in the challenge course. So last night they opened it up to the staff. So Steve and I brought the girls and tried the screamer (zip line) and skyscraper (GIANT swing!). As we pulled up to camp however my nerves started getting the best of me, my heart was going crazy and it felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack! (Is this what it feels like to get older when you want to try something new??)
I did not chicken out though and first went up on the giant swing with Steve and another friend from camp. Once we were pulled to the top (approx. 80 feet high) I was freaking out. Steve looked at me seriously and said "Nik, don't be scared, do you want me to pray?" Me thinking he's being all sweet, said, "sure!" and closed my eyes. Which was obviously Steve's cue to pull the trigger... down we flew with me screaming like crazy! After the initial scare and drop, it was quite fun and felt like you were flying! Not to mention the beautiful scenery of the ocean from way up top!
Next we went on the zip line. Last year Steve helped build a bigger platform for it, so it is now 50 feet up. I got all geared up and then started climbing the pole. my body was still coursing with adrenaline from the first swing, so it took everything in me not to give up and fall down!
Once I got to the top I held onto the pole for dear life... it is HIGH up there!!! Steve and I got to go together, so we sat on the edge of the platform and Amelia (who was GREAT!) talks you into slipping off. It took me a little while, but I did it!!! Such a Rush! I loved it!
Before we left I did the swing one last time. It was awesome! I am so glad I tried it all!



1 comment:

  1. hahaha... my how motherhood changes a person! I remember you being SUCH a daredevil, always the first to jump of the cliffs/rope swing at the cabin and try out the new water toys. Sounds like you had fun! Poor Danika, looks a little anxious for mommy and daddy, I have a feeling maybe Adessa will be more of a daredevil like her momma? By the way, great job on this site, and keeping it up to date! Its lovely to read!

    ReplyDelete