Adessa always wins!
Saturday morning we packed up the girls and went on a little 'adventure.' We found ourselves at Steve's 2 days off until we go into a 6 day work week with a day to rest in between. So Friday night Steve felt like he wanted to just leave, go off somewhere with the girls for the weekend. No plans, just go. However I being a little more off a planner, not so spur-of-the-moment type person, decided that we should go home (we were at a friends little 5th birthday party) talk it over and make a real plan. So we slept on it, woke up and decided a road trip would be fun. So we packed up the van, and I mean packed it! We had outfits for every weather, swim suits, warm clothes, and some food! And then we drove. We stopped for coffee and then at this point, me being the person who kind of likes a plan (I don't think I would be so anal if I didn't have kids... but they make me grow up a bit! ; ) started an argument with Steve wanting to know where exactly we were going. And his reply was I always get like this, to trust him and it always turns out to be fun!
So after driving for about 2 + hours, with the girls getting a little fussy, I was kinda upset. However we found A destination. Sombrio Beach.
It was beautiful. We hiked out to the beach, walked around, played in the sand and just enjoyed each others company. I would have to say Adessa probably had the most fun, as she was exploring new things with her mouth. Rocks and sand were constantly in her mouth, and I just let her have at it. There was no stopping her, if I was going to enjoy my time as well. And whats a little sand going to do anyways? (nothing I hope!!!)
After hanging out a bit, watching a surfer, we decided to pack up and drive over to China Beach . Our main goal was to see Mystic beach, which is quite a hike from China beach with 2 children. So we left that for another day. China beach was gorgeous! The sun was shining and once again Adessa was down exploring the tastes of the beach, Danika was rolling around in the sand, apparently being a mermaid. It was pretty priceless. I love just sitting and watching my man and my girls. He is such a wonderful daddy and has the most special relationships with his girls. They both just adore him. On the way back home through Sooke we stopped at a little 'family friendly' restaurant and ate SO MUCH food! I had this Greek dish with calamari, rice, naan bread and Greek salad. And on the menu it had said 'healthy portions' of each. So I'm thinking it was a nice, healthy meal. However, it turned out to be quite opposite. My meal could have fed all of us!! Of course Steve loved it! There was SOOO much food!
Our drive home was filled with silence, (minus the sound of sweet, exhausted little girls breathing and sucking their thumbs) moments to reflect on our wonderful day together. And next time I won't give Steve such a hard time for just wanting to create another adventure with the family! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment