Going shopping for the day with my little monkey!
The last 2 days have been fun and different! Yesterday I went to a new hair dresser, got my usual 3 inches trimmed off and told her to 'go crazy' with the colors. Steve kindly reminded me when I got home, and wasn't overly happy with how bright the colors turned out, that maybe I shouldn't have said what I did to a lady who had a rainbow of colors in her hair!!! Even though I did something different.. it is starting to grow on me!
Remember how this weekend I had a friend help me purge my closet? Well yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to go shopping! Caroline and I have super awesome hubbies who took the 2 babies (who are a week apart) for the day while we took our 2 four year old daughters (1 month apart) to Nanaimo for the day. The girls were so excited to have 'no babies, just mommies!' for the whole day! And we had lots of fun and laughs together. I discovered that the mall tires Caroline out as much as it does me, as there are so many choices and the guilt of spending too much money and the stress (however less without the babies!) of finding our wandering ponies (little girls) throughout the day! We did however have a successful day and had some good finds in the mall.. and I think we should do this more often!!!
Today we woke up and as a family drove out to camp imadene. As we were leaving Crofton and driving towards Lake Cowichan (more central island) it started snowing, and pretty much snowed all day! Its crazy the weather change from our house to there, we apparently didn't even have snow in Crofton today! But it was fun to enjoy a snowed in day with the Burdges and we were able to go out for a walk, drink chai lattes, cozy blankets next to the fireplace, books, play dough and puzzles! It was a good day... even better that Adessa had *2* naps!! Which is a big deal right now as she seems to think she can get away with 1 half hour one! This stage is so hard as she is transitioning from being my baby to a big girl!
Now we just need to focus on getting ourselves organized for our big trip to Calgary which is coming up soooo soon!!!! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment