The weekend was a blast! We drove another 4 hours to get up to Edmonton, driving a total of 20 hours over 3 days. Lets just say we were all tired and done with driving, at least for the weekend! We spent 3 nights in Edmonton and had a wonderful time catching up with Chris, Amy and Emilie. It was the first time I had been able to see their home, it is beautiful!
Danika and Emilie pretty much disappeared the entire time we were there and had such a great time together. Meeko and their dog Sampson (a giant, muscly boxer) played the entire time as well.. it was insane, they both had endless amounts of energy and played hard pretty much the entire time! Steve was able to take Meeko to the dog park for his first time and he got beat up pretty bad, but survived! And I went to watch Emilie at her soccer practice.. too cute! We went swimming and tobogganing, watched movies and played games, and ate delicious meals. It was wonderful, and we always have such a great time with them!
We then drove back to Cochrane on Sunday and had a yummy dinner, then retired to the couch with tea and cookies in our hands for a lovely visit with the in-laws. We hung out most of Monday at the Fitzpatrick's and Danika and I had a great time discovering all of daddy's old childhood toys. In the afternoon we left for Okotoks to see my parents for the first time, it was weird being back home.. even though I haven't been here for almost a year, it felt like I hadn't left! My parents have worked the last couple of days, so we've had some nice family time and were able to go in and see my sister, bro-in-law and niece and their BEAUTIFUL new home. Seriously my sister should be an interior designer, their home is so lovely! She made us a delicious supper and we had a nice time catching up.
We are now organizing for our trip to Mexico and picking up the last minute items! We are sooo excited, except last night I was starting to get a little nervous and sad, because I will miss my baby girls sooo much!!! But I know they are in good hands and the girls and grandparents will have some good catching up time! So goodbye for now and Hello Mexico!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment