We headed to my parents halfway through the week and were able to visit with wonderful friends in Okotoks, Danika and I saw tangled with grandma, linsey and Ella (which i LOVED) and got all our presents wrapped and under the tree. Christmas Eve morning we woke up early, Adam, Lins and Ella came out for a big, delicious brunch and then we opened presents... so many of them! After presents we got ready for the Christmas eve service at 3 (it was lovely) then headed to my Aunt Debbies and Uncle Larry's for Turkey dinner and a book exchange. I love going to my auntie Debbie's as her home is always so beautifully decorated and festive.. she went all out. We ate a wonderful meal, I got a couple new books to read, the girls got more presents and we rocked out hard to guitar hero. Danika got Belles princess dress off "Beauty and the Beast" and she wore it all night with her new high heels. It was quite cute! We had a wonderful evening and it was so good to see our extended family.
Christmas morning was our 4Th Christmas! And there were even more presents under the Christmas tree from Santa. We are seriously considering buying another vehicle to bring home all our gifts! We have been so blessed this trip, being able to spend time with family and friends, receive and give beautiful gifts.. and in abundance! And now as we spend time with our family and relax, we need to remember what Christmas is all about. It is soo easy to get distracted by all the 'stuff' around us, the presents, the food, the decorations, but what is the hardest to do is remember what it is all about. I even caught myself feeling disappointed because I didn't get something I asked for... and then I looked around me at the PILES of presents and thought how utterly fortunate we are and how very easy it is so get caught up in it all. When what really matters is spending time together as a family and thanking God for all that we have and for sending HIS Son to earth as a man so that we could be saved from ourselves! What an amazing Gift.. and the one gift I want to remember and be thankful for this Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment