Since we have been home from Mexico it has been quite busy. There has been lots of visiting, resting and playing! My mother in law and I went Christmas shopping with DAnika and I got all my shopping done, Steve went quadding with his dad for a day, we took the girls tobogganing, visited sister and great-grandma. This weekend however was our family Christmas and the whole clan was together. We had a wonderful time. Saturday was our Christmas eve and we got up and went to Heritage Park for the day. It was only -20!!! Haha, we were frozen but had a wonderful day. We ate delicious cinnamon buns, drank hot chocolate, went to the candy store and saw Santa. They also had a building in which you give your kid (Danika) money and they can shop for mom and dad. It was pretty fun and I got 2 beautiful necklaces out of it. My favorite is a pink horse on a gold chain, Danika was soo proud of it, and I cherish it because it epitomizes Danika!
Our Christmas Eve we had the traditional Fitzpatrick Clam chowder, then ate and played games. We woke up early Sunday morning and followed tradition of opening our stockings, eating breakfast casserole and cinnamon buns, then ripped into the rest. The amount of presents under the Christmas tree was unreal!!! WE had a wonderful morning and the children got so spoiled, as did the adults! We then got ready for our big turkey dinner, went and picked up my grandma M. to celebrate with us as she is going to be gone for Christmas day. We had lovely visits in the afternoon, I always cherish being able to spend time with my grandma, she is so full of wisdom and love. We ate to overflowing then settled down for the evening to relax (after steve and I dropped grandma off.)
Monday Amy and I were meant to go quadding with my father in law, but it was too cold so we said we would go the next day, only to have Amy wake up with the flu. This past week, Steve and I were both wrecked by the 24 hour bug... not fun. And it seems to be catching up with everyone else! When it was time to leave the Fitzpatrick household we had one little girl who cried her heart out. We sure had a wonderful time catching up and making memories!!
No comments:
Post a Comment