Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Last of the Apples

Today was the perfect fall day. The sky was blue, the sun shining and just a great day to do some outside chores. My friend Heather came over this morning and we FINALLY picked the rest of the apples... we decided to make fruit leather, so spent the morning prepping 40 cups of apples. Then this afternoon after having a meeting at my church, I came home- raked leaves and cut grass. Then heather came over again and we poured our apples into trays to dry out for 12 hours... I sure hope they turn out! Adessa was such a great help today and I am really loving the twos. I mean there are definitely moments when the 'terrible twos' shine through, like in her moments of using her new favorite word (no!) But she just loves to play, and help. This past weekend we had a wonderful family day and took the girls to the pool and then afterwards we went out for a late dinner, and the girls were both little angels. And we ended up visiting and laughing, and not getting out of there until 8 pm!

The other night we used up some of our apples by making caramel apples... they were quite a hit!
Can you tell...
Heather climbing in the apple tree, rocking her 'Hunter' boots!
The final apples for making fruit leather
Adessa helping me clean the backyard... she was such a good leaf picker-upper!
Such a GORGEOUS day!

No comments:

Post a Comment