Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thrift Store Thrills

Yesterday I went to the Bible for missions thrift store in Duncan, and spent a long time there. I came home with a few large bags and a big smile on my face. I explained to Steve that nothing thrills me more than checking out a thrift store, finding many things on your checklist and paying almost nothing for them! I would much prefer a thrift store to a mall! Unless you are outlet shopping in the states, of course!
I was able to pick up a brand new punch bowl, a cookie press which looks like it is from the 1940's, but has never been used, lots of new childrens books (3 for a quarter!) a new looking pyrex dish for a buck! And lots of craft ornaments for the girls to paint. It was rather adrenaline pumping!
Today was a rainy, dreary day so this afternoon after school the girls and I turned on the fire, blasted Christmas music and made whipped shortbread to put through the new cookie press... it was SO much fun! And the cookies turned out great!
Danika 'was' happy....
Yummy cookies! The girls LOVED them... they tasted just like Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment