Today was hard... really hard. I didn't do so well.
The night before last, I didn't sleep because my body was in so much pain, cramping and back pain and I was scared, I kept praying that I could just fall asleep and that this wasn't labor and eventually I fell asleep, but spent the following day exhausted. I had all my lovely appointments again, the ultrasound, NST and midwife appointment and was wiped. My midwife recommended I take a long bath, have some gravol and try to have a good sleep before my 7 am appointment at the hospital this morning. I tried those things, the only problem was, was that I had children's gravol and only had enough left for a 6-12 year old dosing. So I took it... but it didn't do too much! I slept fitfully last night and was wide awake at 4 am this morning, but tried to rest until we left at 6:30 am. A wonderful friend came and stayed with the girls this morning to get Danika ready for school and hang out until we got back.
We spent 2 hours at the hospital. They monitored Amara for a while before to make sure she was fine and then 2 OB's came- Dr. Bodea and Dr. Listin and my midwife, Selina. They used the ultrasound to monitor Amara as they tried to flip her. They tried 3 different times, probably 45 min- 1 hour of trying to flip her. My midwife was awesome and had me doing breathing exercises as the natural body response is to tense up, but she had me breathe through it all for a long time. They were all amazed at how long I let them try for, but much to my discomfort. I tried to get in a zone and tried my hardest to breathe through it all, but it was too much. They were able to get her little bum out of my pelvis with 3 sets of hands (one you don't want to know where it was!) and turn her diagonally, but they couldn't get her past that point. Steve said it looked awful, as their hands were lost trying to push her so hard. The most painful was at the bottom of my stomach because of all the tendons and muscles. But I did what the doctors and midwifes asked of me and gave it my all. So at least I tried to have her flipped. But Amara did not want to go anywhere. And the doctors said that if she going to flip, it would have happened.
Right after everyone left and I was hooked back up to monitor how Amara was doing I looked out the window feeling so drained and exhausted and there was a beautiful rainbow literally right outside my window. I wish I would have had my camera. But I just felt God's peace and presence. It was such an awesome reminder for me at that moment and made me smile when I just felt like crying! ( I did do my fair share of crying)
| Good times! |
Steve took me for breakfast at white spot after the appointment and I drowned my feelings in eating... it was delicious! We then stopped at some good friends of ours and there is nothing better than crying on a friends shoulder.. except maybe my moms shoulder!
The rest of the day I have been physically in pain and exhausted. The doctors said my stomach would probably bruise and it is so tender, I can feel the bruised spots. I took a long bath and tried to nap, but my mind doesn't ever shut off for naps. So I am praying for a good sleep tonight!
On another note, Adessa had an awesome day. Alycia got Danika ready for school and then she took Adessa on a special date to Chemainus, where they played at the beach, went to the park, had a snack at the bakery and then ended by letting Adessa pick out a special treat for her and Danika at the candy store. Lucky little girl!
| Alycia took this photo of Adessa in Chemainus... I LOVE it!!! She looks like a little model! |
I am thankful today is over, I feel overwhelmed and exhausted and I am just so ready to meet this little girl. The next step is to monitor by ultrasound every few days and then next Friday I will have an appointment with the specialist to book an C-section.
Here are a few more iphone pics I have taken recently!
![]() |
| This is a NST- a Non Stress Test. They hook me up to a monitor to track baby's heart rate and movements for at least 20 minutes. I have been having these on a weekly basis. |
We thought that Amara might have come today, so yesterday my good friend Kim Kitchen of Twiggy Photography came over briefly to snap a few photos of me and the girls... here were a few she texted to me! She normally only takes photos outdoors and it was a gray, dark day yesterday so she said the lighting wasn't great... but I like them! I am just happy to have a few with the belly!

oh my goodness, what a process! I'm sure it's disappointing that it didn't work as you hoped, but glad you are both safe. Praying you rest well.
ReplyDelete