Today I met with my midwife and since baby is still breech she gave me a long list of things to try, to try and flip her. Things such as acupuncture, chiropractor, standing on my head (she recommended at the pool) and taking these little white homeopathic pills. They are planning to do an aversion next week (flipping baby from the outside) and she said it is extremely uncomfortable and I should try everything I can to try and avoid that. She also does not want me to have a c-section and said I am a "perfect" candidate for delivering breech (OUCH!)
But this all changed when I went in for my ultrasound today. My non-stress test went well, lots of movement and good heartbeat. But when I got home there was a call from my midwife and she said the fluid had decreased.. ugh : ( ... not what we wanted to hear. She had a meeting with all the OB's and they are rescheduling another ultrasound for Saturday to re-check the fluids again and then I will meet with one of them and discuss our options.
It feels like a roller coaster. When I first heard this news, my first instinct was just to cry, it has been so back and forth. But then I decided not to worry too much and continue to just pray, because I am just too tired to think about it!
Basically though she mentioned that if the fluid is low, they will be planning a c-section this weekend. I can't really wrap my mind around this... so I won't yet. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow so thankfully I can deliver in Duncan. OR it could be like last time, all the worry of a small baby and she is totally normal and healthy. So my fluids could still be good! But we will wait and see and continue to pray.
I just hope I can kick this cough and pray that I don't catch Adessa's flu. So that I can be healthy when this baby comes, either this weekend or in a few weeks!
Other things I want to note- I have gained 25 pounds so far, and baby Amara is doing lots of moving. The newest thing is a pulse-like movement I can see from the outside. I was kind of worried about it but looked it up online and said that that movement can be the baby practicing their breathing... so cool.
We have been trying to prepare as much as possible for this babe. First thing first was finding a place for her to fit! At the beginning of the year we moved Adessa and Danika into bunk beds into one room. The other room we re-did into a guest room. Well... we couldn't bring ourselves to get rid of our queen mattress as it was bought for our wedding and is a really good one and we have SO many guests. So I had been keeping my eyes open for a wall bed. They all ran around $1200-1500 for a used one, but then after many weeks of quickly checking I found one for $375! So we picked it up and Steve installed it on the wall. Eventually I would like to paint it, but for now, it will do. We haven't put up baby crib or change table yet because our families are planning to come visit as soon as baby is born. And we have a bassinet for her to sleep in for the first few months in our room. I usually like to be so organized and have everything ready to go, but its just not happening this time around!
Other news as well... my hubby hasn't worked in about a month as he has been in the role of Mr. Mom... and has seriously rocked at it. Thankfully his business did really well last year so we haven't been hurting financially, but he has started to get restless. After cleaning out my garage and crawl space and bringing loads of stuff to consignment thrift and the dump he is ready to work! And God is just SO GOOD! Seriously I am so blown away by his provisions in our life. Yesterday he followed a lead and met up with a family that moved here from Edmonton and they want him to start work ASAP. The work includes re-modeling their home, building a shop with a guest room on top and building a giant barn! This will keep him busy until he starts his other HUGE project on Thetis Island in June.
Steve has also had the stress of having three men working for him, who haven't been able to find work. So Steve is able to hire all of them for these next jobs. And there are a few more pending jobs as well.
I am SO proud of my husband and am so thankful for his hard work, and integrity, and can tell that God is really blessing him for being faithful.
Big news on Danika's front- my little girl walked to school on Friday all by herself! I know it doesn't seem like much as we back onto the school, but it felt like such a big step. Last year she had serious anxiety issues about me even being in the bathroom without her knowing where I was, and we prayed and prayed over that. And now she is walking to school by herself and walking home with friends. It really feels like a big step of independence and I am so proud of her! She has also really picked up on her reading. She is flying through her reading books from school... when she is focused and paying attention. Next thing to work on is her writing, and staying in the lines.
Adessa is getting increasingly excited to become a 'big sister.' My favorite moment is when she puts her face to my belly and whispers to Amara and tells her its 'her big sister talking.' Speaking of Adessa I wanted to make note of a cute thing she does and has started to correct. She loves penguins, and has been calling them "pain-goons" but after her big sister correcting her every time, she has started to catch it herself and fix how she says it. She blows my mind every day with how quickly she catches onto things and big she is getting!
I haven't pulled out my camera once this past month, but my new iPhone has come in handy to take a few photos. Enjoy...
![]() |
| My beautiful Adessa, growing up so quickly! |
![]() |
| This was taken at 34 weeks., when I was allowed to leave the house for an appointment! |
![]() |
| I miss being able to go for walks... so after an appointment I went and parked at the boardwalk... I love living by the ocean. So beautiful and peaceful! |
![]() |
| The princess and her pet monkey |
![]() |
| The girls and I had a spa afternoon, with face masks and nail painting. Danika and I put on face masks (hence the shiny faces!) Adessa refused, because she didn't want her face to peel off! |








No comments:
Post a Comment