Friday, January 3, 2014

Elf on the shelf

I bought into the commercialism of Christmas... and bought an Elf on the Shelf... and Steve and I had a lot of fun with it. I didn't emphasize on the the book that came with our new little friend, as it focused on how the Elf is sent to watch you and reports back to Santa each night at the North Pole to tell him if you've been Naughty or nice.
Instead we just had her come hang out, and be in a new hiding place each morning for the girls to find. But she did arrive on our doorstep in a box on December 1st and the girls were VERY excited!!! The girls talked it over and decided to name her Eve. 

I forgot to take pictures each day of where she ended up but here were the few that I did take...

Adessa came screaming into our room when this was up yelling that there was a vampire in our kitchen... failed that one!

Enjoying a bubble bath

Little stinker getting up to mischief!
Speaks for itself...
Just chilling 
Movie, chip and juice night with barbie... always a good time!
Helped make some cookies in a jar... what a helpful elf!

They were excited to get to eat the skittles!

Snowman time!

And she left Christmas Eve when Santa came to drop off the toys!

Danika knows Santa is not real, but never once said anything about Eve... she giggled with pure delight with Adessa as they searched the house each morning for Eve. Steve and I had fun finding new things for Eve to do, and we are hoping Eve comes back to our house again next Christmas season!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment