Saturday, February 15, 2014

Amara Turns 1!


Last minute I decided to throw Amara a "little" birthday party... but got a bit carried away and invited 10 moms to my house for a little after school get together. But after I invited I realized that each mom comes with 2-3 children. And so I was fortunate enough to rent out our church building to hold her little party. It was so fun and very stress- free. As I was able to rent the church for $10 an hour, got to set up our bouncy castle and Thrifty's gives free birthday cakes for the first birthdays. So I threw together a veggie try, our babysitters mom brought another and we called it a party. I am so very blessed with so many wonderful friends!!!
I seriously cannot believe that she is already 1... this year has truly zipped by in a blur! 





My little bundle of JOY!!!
Sharon brought me a Starbucks coffee as she said that we should be celebrating the mother who made it through a year with 3 children as the baby doesn't know the difference yet! I like that philosophy! ;) 

YAY... Steve was able to take a bit of time off work and come for the cake eating!
It took her awhile but once she squished the piece of cake between her fingers it disappeared quickly!

And it's gone!!! 
So many sweet little girls at the party, all wanting to help Amara open her presents!



AMARA STATS...

- She weighs approximately 16.5 lbs
- She is short... she is still wearing her 6-9 month old clothing, a very petite little thing
- She is so very happy
- She is very ticklish, especially under her neck
- Big sister, Adessa loves to tickle her
- She has 4 teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom, and she likes to grind them... ick!
- She LOVES to eat and only will eat if she feeds herself
- Her favorite food is bananas and now cake!
- She has thrown her first temper tantrums this week... once over an ice cream cone that she wanted SO bad and another time she got my cell phone and I took it away... full out temper tantrums, thrown herself on the floor, kicking and screaming.
- She has rolled her eyes at us several times... oh no Steve... just you wait! ;)
- She is crawling everywhere! Pulling herself up on everything and letting go to see how long she can stand before falling.
- She has recently pointed out puppies while reading story books.
- She sleeps 12 hours at night, but still wakes up once to nurse
-Yes... I am still nursing
- She loves her big sisters more than anything, no one makes her smile like them!
- Her vocabulary includes- Mama, dada and all sorts of sounds
- She still naps for an hour in the morning and 1-2 hours in the afternoon
- She is an excellent traveler, just content to sit in the van as long as we need her to!
- She LOVES her soother... our first child who does
- She has been such an amazing blessing to our family and we cannot imagine our lives without her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment