Saturday, March 1, 2014

Snow week!

This past week the island was shocked with a crazy snowfall. Last weekend it started and the girls woke up both Saturday and Sunday morning, got their snowsuits on and headed to the hill behind our house to toboggan their mornings away. I love that I can see them from the house! Saturday our babysitter, Meagan offered to take the girls to the swimming pool at the chemainus hotel. It was wonderful! Steve and I are slowly trying to pack up the house to list it, so to have a few hours to ourselves with only one child was such a treat. We cooked up some appies for dinner, drank wine and packed up!

Monday morning we were woken up by squealing girls as it had snowed all night...
Now to most albertans you wouldn't think it was a big deal, but here it was a snow day!!! The kids were ecstatic! They bundled up and played the day away, built snowmen, an igloo and tobogganed all day. Meagan came over in the afternoon and played with them and then brought movies, popcorn and whipped cream for their hot chocolate! It was a great snow day. There was tons of snow, and you could actually stay out all day because it was warm enough.

The snowman Danika, Adessa and a few neighborhood kids made. Frosty didn't end well... as Adessa ate his nose and Meeko jumped on it and it fell over. Danika wasn't too happy!
My happy baby... she sat in her little toboggan and got pulled up and down the street and was perfectly content!

Meeko was losing his mind! He LOVED the snow! and Chasing the toboggans down the hill!

Amara and I watching from inside! 

It was a super short week of school for Danika as her school is doing swim lessons for the kids Tuesdays and Thursdays. And then Wednesday was a half day with a child led, p/t interview. Danika seems to be doing quite well. She is were she is supposed to be for grade 2, but still needs to work quite hard. Her happy reading club said she could graduate out of the extra help but Danika's teacher reccomended to keep her in as it is 5 days a week of extra help for Danika and she is doing well in it. I am very happy that she gets to stay in as it is boosting her confidence in her reading ability. 
We do continually need to work on her reading and math, but we are getting there! 

Friday was no school, so the girls and I had a much needed home day. However it didn't last long until I was losing my mind! I am finding it very stressful trying to pack up the house, having a husband work full time from our kitchen table and trying to raise 3 kids! And things around here have been high stress with Steve's work as one of his clients have been threatening to sue! 😞 my poor husband! 

It wasn't long until I packed up the kiddos and dog and went for a long walk to the ocean... My happy place!

The girls can fight like cats and dogs at home, but there is something about being outside and exploring that makes them so happy! It was a gorgeous day and the snow is almost all gone! 
Adessa had a rough day... We were walking up the street and she looked back and walked right into a pole and then after lunch she fell off her stool and smashed her chin on amaras high chair and bit her tongue in 3 different spots. Poor kid... So I ran out for Popsicles, but it seems like nowadays anything we eat, amara has to eat too... So she had a bite of her first Popsicle!

There is a little update of our crazy little lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment