Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Iron Chef

I finally made it out to MOPS this year... I haven't been in a long time! But my good friend crystal was in charge and was doing iron chef and really wanted me to come! Last year I rotated between MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) and MMO ( moms morning out) in chemainus, but this year with Adessa in school three full days, I enjoy my mornings just Amara and I. 
Anyways I was happy to make it out to this morning, it was very fun... Helps that my team won! 
We were broken into teams, had to answer questions to go pick our seven ingredients, one at a time to create two different dishes- one sweet and one savoury. I had the idea for the mine bagels, with cream cheese mixed with a chipotle seasoning, topped with a slice of ham and then a slice of avocado... It was delicious. Our dessert was a tart, with cream cheese mixed with pudding and topped with kiwi. The secret ingredient was lemon that everyone had to add and we had it in both. They both won the competition! Quite exciting as we won Starbucks gift cards. 
Amara also seemed to have fun, and I reconnected with some ladies I haven't seen in awhile... Perhaps I will start going again! 
Crystal and I have been out biking a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. The first time the week was gorgeous, and we chose to go the one day it was down pouring... Thankfully I had an umbrella in the van and the girls still had fun all cozy with their blanket. Good excercise for me- but even better for Meeko as he runs full out the entire time! 
Sad news however... My friend crystal is moving off the island in a couple of months. She is the friend who challenges me so much with excercise and always pushes me! And I get to use her bikes! She will missed a lot! I also always enjoy our deep conversations about God... She is quite the thinker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment