I wasn't sure which way this day was going to go after waking up to Adessa being covered in puke, including all blankets and teddy bears. We have many friends who are fighting the flu right now, so I figure it is inevitable we will catch this bug as well. However after Adessa woke up, she had a healthy appetite and played hard for a couple of hours before grabbing her blankie and heading to her room saying 'nigh-nigh.' She slept for 2 hours! In which I was able to get a lot of organizing done. After a nice 'flu-friendly' lunch of soup and crackers I was able to skype my brother in law and 'meet' my nephew. He is soooo darling! I can't wait to meet him in a week! (when I fly kid less back to Calgary to get in some quality time!)
After this I packed up the kids and dog in the van and we headed up behind Crofton to do the Crofton lake hike. It was so beautiful and sunny today we had a wonderful time. The walk takes about a half hour up and the lake up there is so beautiful and peaceful and Meeko loves playing at the waters edge. We also saw 4 bald eagles perched up on the trees, and I so wished I had brought my camera. Once we got back to the van to load up I let the girls play in the GIANT mud puddle, which I knew would end badly, but thought I wouldn't care. As soon as I turned around Adessa had plunked herself in the middle of the puddle, just sitting there splashing with her hands! As you can guess she got covered, but loved every minute. And I figured I mine as well let them enjoy themselves while they were covered! We had lots of fun.
We came home and enjoyed some homemade bread from the bread maker with another big bowl of soup. Danika prayed for dinner and this is how it went,"Dear God, Indeed you are good, thank you for daddy, mommy, me and adessa, thank you for being good, i love you. Amen." (Steve and I both looked at each other and said, blog!)
As I am writing this Steve is playing 'animal hunt' with the girls. All the lights are turned off, they each have a flashlight and need to find the hidden animals throughout the house. It sure is a hit!
And know it is bed time for the little monkeys. Good night!
After this I packed up the kids and dog in the van and we headed up behind Crofton to do the Crofton lake hike. It was so beautiful and sunny today we had a wonderful time. The walk takes about a half hour up and the lake up there is so beautiful and peaceful and Meeko loves playing at the waters edge. We also saw 4 bald eagles perched up on the trees, and I so wished I had brought my camera. Once we got back to the van to load up I let the girls play in the GIANT mud puddle, which I knew would end badly, but thought I wouldn't care. As soon as I turned around Adessa had plunked herself in the middle of the puddle, just sitting there splashing with her hands! As you can guess she got covered, but loved every minute. And I figured I mine as well let them enjoy themselves while they were covered! We had lots of fun.
We came home and enjoyed some homemade bread from the bread maker with another big bowl of soup. Danika prayed for dinner and this is how it went,"Dear God, Indeed you are good, thank you for daddy, mommy, me and adessa, thank you for being good, i love you. Amen." (Steve and I both looked at each other and said, blog!)
As I am writing this Steve is playing 'animal hunt' with the girls. All the lights are turned off, they each have a flashlight and need to find the hidden animals throughout the house. It sure is a hit!
And know it is bed time for the little monkeys. Good night!
Meeko with his kill
No comments:
Post a Comment