Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I will neder eder forget about you

So yesterday after I dropped Danika off at preschool I went to MOPS- Mothers of Preschoolers at a church in Duncan and it was sooo refreshing! I went last year and I tried once this past fall, but Adessa wouldn't stay in the nursery so I ended up leaving. But suprisingly enough she stayed in the nursery the whole time! It is a 2 hour break where you sit, drink coffee, eat treats, and just have some nice fellowship. This time we watched a video that had young moms asking older ones questions about the day to day with young children. It was so nice to just hang out and pour a little into me instead of always pouring out! One of the discussion questions was, what would you like to see your children become one day? A girlfriend anwsered that she wanted her children to always be compassionate and to help others and so they make a point of bringing things into food banks and thrift stores and explaining why they do that. I hope my girls are compassionate. I shared that I wanted them both to always love Jesus and to always have Him as a part of their lives. I shared Danika's prayer with them, that she prays each and every night, "Dear Jesus, I love you, I miss you. Please help me to neder eder (never, ever) forget about you." We have often talked about how some people walk away from the Lord when they are older, and she doesn't get it, she just says, but Jesus is our best friend right mommy?? I hope she always loves Jesus and if she does, things like the compassion, mercy and love will naturally flow out of her!

It was a wonderful morning and I am so glad I went, as it is just encouraging to discuss with other moms and share our experiences and know that you are not alone, and not the only one going through your struggles and challenges with your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment