Sunday, September 18, 2011

Our Day

This past week it has felt like fall has settled over little Crofton like a heavy blanket complete with cloudy, gloomy skies and rain. This morning Steve and I both taught Sunday school, then we all came home for a nap, as it was just one of those days. After naps, the sun came out and we decided to take a little drive to a vineyard close to us. It was GORGEOUS. They have a beautiful little bakery with a deck overlooking the vineyard and cinnamon buns the size of your head! I also got some fresh produce for dinner to go along with our organically grown chicken, thanks to our farmer friends! We then took Meeko to the Crofton dog park and picked blackberries, plums and apples.
I LOVE the island for the abundance of fruit trees and fresh produce and I love being able to support the local farmers. Our dinner tonight was all grown locally, and that is just such a neat feeling. We also have an abundance of plums and apples in our own backyard, with a few pears and I am not too sure what to do with it all, other than tell all my friends to bring their buckets and have at 'er!
As we were finishing up dinner, our babysitter Megan stopped by with 2 giant crabs that her dad caught that day and were already cooked! So we melted up some garlic butter and ate it up!

Danika posing for me!
Adessa was so funny, she kept taking bites and yelling 'yuck' and acting it up, but then kept eating more, and more!
Danika wasn't a huge fan
My girl, looking all grown up!
Steve's belly full of crab... he enjoyed every bit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment