Monday we took everyone to Parksville beach where we played for a bit, but then everyone was frozen so we went back to our resort to the beautiful indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. Tuesday we headed out to Horne lake caves. We were told that kids were fine to do the caving and we were expecting something huge, but instead got half way in and all the kids (except Adessa) started to get pretty freaked out... I don't blame them. It was very tight and you had to crawl and squeeze through areas. So we went back out and then Steve and I went in by ourselves and loved it. We turned off the headlamps and its amazing how dark it is, your eyes never adjust. From horne lake caves we went to the englishman river falls for a long hike and found the most crystal clear swimming hole. It was so beautiful. Wednesday we decided we had better spend a day at our beautiful resort so we took over the corner area of the resort where there was lounging chairs, a bbq and a hot tub. It was beautiful. We explored the beach and found hundreds of sand dollars... I am always amazed at God's creativity when I see them. Then we took out the resorts kayaks. My mom, sister and I took them out first and paddled our way up to 2 seals playing in the ocean, it was so cool and I felt very blessed to be out there enjoying God's amazing creation with my mommy and my sister! I love them both so much! Then that evening mom and dad watched the kids and we went to the resorts amazing restaurant for dinner. Thursday was pretty dreary looking so we went mini-golfing and then headed to Little Qualicum cheesworks where we tried cheese and mooberry wine. Then spent the rest of the eveing playing in the pools. Friday it was time for mom and dad to go home. We had a wonderful, amazing time together, but it is so hard to say goodbye. Mom and dad blessed us so much and we are so thankful for them. Thanks for spending your vacation time with us, we love you so much!!!
The view from the resort
This all fills up when the tide is in... we paddled our kayaks right to our room and the boys switched with us
Hot tub at the point of the resort where we cooked our lunch and hung out on the loungers
The beautiful swimming hole at the englishman river falls, the water was so clear
My beautiful sister and I at the beach
2 little girls ready to cave!
The whole family ready to go!
Grandma and her little monkeys
Grandma and Grandpa with the grand kids
Englishman River falls
Beautiful...
Having lunch on the deck
Mermaids at the beach
Jumping from a sugar high!
Checking out the little frog pond at the resort, we went for so many beautiful walks!
Pretending to eat an oyster... I think Adam actually did!
Linda the explorer... she found hundreds of sand dollars!
Date night with my handsome hubby
Girls shot!
No comments:
Post a Comment