I wanted to put down what I struggle with most these days... actually what I have been struggling with ever since I became a mom. Trying to figure out a healthy balance in my day to day.
These days with Danika in full-time school and Adessa still napping I am given a couple hours off in the afternoon and I am trying to spend those hours wisely. I was having a discussion with a group of ladies the other day and majority of them said during their kids naps they also take a nap. I do not remember the last time I just sat down and rested during their nap time... let alone took a nap myself. I think a part of me feels guilty because I know Steve is working all day... so I don't feel like I can sit and rest. Now I don't technically 'work' but running this household feels like a full time job! But during Adessa's nap I am usually dusting, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms or cooking dinner... which seem endless! Ideally I would love to spend the time of kids naps cooking and cleaning so that when they are awake I can spend that time with them. But I don't feel like I am doing that properly! Anyways I read this in my devotional this morning, and it rings true to how I am feeling, that as much as I hate doing some of the 'chores' I just love having a clean home and I usually can't rest until it is that way!
She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27
I hate housework, but I love guarding my family from germs that cause illness, so I willingly wash dishes, scrub floors and bathrooms, dust and vacuum.
I hate housework, but I love having my family live in an uncluttered environment, so I happily pick up the days accumulation of "things" and trot them back to the places they belong.
I may hate housework, Lord, but I love my family, so I do it anyway. Thank you, Father, for giving me a house to clean and a family to care for.
"Home is the place where the humblest of actions are done willingly, out of love."
No comments:
Post a Comment