Monday, October 10, 2011

Thankful

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

We are so blessed. This Thanksgiving I have been contemplating life a bit, and where God has us at the moment and I can truly say I am so thankful for it all. It is so easy to complain (which I do my fair share of!) and whine over wanting more stuff, or a bigger house, or to be closer to family. But when I really think of all that we have, and where we are located geographically in the world, I have nothing to complain about.
God has richly blessed me with a wonderful husband, healthy children, very good friendships, Christian parents and in-laws, a warm, beautiful home, lots of food and many extras. All of which are amazing gifts that I never need to take for granted, but in which I often do. But this Thanksgiving I just feel blessed. Even though on holidays we especially miss our family I am thankful to be a part of Gods family and to have wonderful friendships with my 'christian' family,
Sunday after church we were invited over to the Burdge's parents home... and actually surprised our friends Chris and Sharon, who did not know we were coming. It was a wonderful surprise and we enjoyed a great evening together. Chris' parents live 10 minutes from the ocean so we took a nice walk down with the 7 children. We then came back to the house and did a 'harvest hunt.' Which consisted of arming the children with baskets and setting them loose around the house to find healthy snacks for school lunch boxes. It was a great idea and so much fun seeing Adessa running around after the big kids, joining right in!
Then this morning we woke up and stayed in our jammies until noon, then got ready and went out to Chris and Sharon's for turkey dinner #2! For teen camp at Imadene Chris set up a bunch of courses, like the race car track, the climbing wall, and giant swing...so we played in the gym for a while. It was such a great day!
We are so thankful for the weekend and the wonderful friendships God has placed in our lives!

The kids with their baskets, ready to go!
My beautiful girl with her basket full of goodies!
"Praise the Lord I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me." Psalm 103:2

No comments:

Post a Comment