This week the whole family had trips to the dentist. The girls had there very first ones... oops! But there has never been any complaints and we take good care of their teeth. So anyways I realized we received free dental for the girls, so I took advantage of that and brought them both in. Danika was extremely nervous and did not want to go first, so Adessa hopped onto the seat, all eager until she saw the tray of 'tools' and quickly scurried off. I had to sit with her, but she did AMAZING... seriously. The dental hygienist was so impressed with her, especially for a 2 year old. She sat still, opened her mouth wide and picked berry polishing stuff. The hygienist would spray her mouth with water and she would use "Mr.Thirsty" to suck it all out. She did so well! The dentist told her her teeth were perfect! Thank goodness.
Danika was very brave as well and after seeing that Adessa survived and that the tools on the tray were not in fact 'needles' she was fine. She picked mint flavor and enjoyed the whole process. The hygienist was amazing and made the girls giggle lots. Danika has 2 of her adult teeth poking through behind her bottom front teeth, but nothing is wiggly yet. I was nervous about that, but the dentist confirmed that they would fall out soon enough... I feel like my girl just got all her baby teeth... and now she is going to lose them!
The girls were ecstatic to both get to pick new toothbrushes and toys out of the treasure chest. I took them on a special date afterwards because they were both angels, and Danika was totally bummed that they didn't get to go back to the dentist for a long time! So I thank God that went so well!
Steve and I signed up at the Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo for dental, as right now we have no coverage. We went for the assessment a couple of weeks ago and both were called in for appointments on Friday. We both had got x-rays and are thankful to report that neither of us have any cavities... its been 6 years for me and 11 for Steve since we have seen a dentist. And they were thoroughly impressed by our teeth! We both spent 4 hours in the dentist chair, first with a student and then the hygienist re-did it all. It was a long day... and we have 2 more of those. The total cost of treatment, including x-rays was $30.00. But sometimes I wonder if I actually save money... its like this project with my bunk beds. It has turned into quite the long process, for trying to save a few dollars, I don't know if the time is worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment