Last Thursday night we picked up Steve mom and sister from the airport. Then onFriday after the girls were done school, Steve and I headed up to Victoria for thefamily life marriage conference. My thrifty side got the best of me and I didn't
Feel like forking up $500 to stay two nights at the empress so I booked the coast down the street through travelzoo for $80 a night with free parking. The first evening we went down to the restaurant and we shared a crab appetizer dish. It was fantastic! The crab legs could have been a bit meatier and our favorite crab cakes ever are at genoa bay... But it was still delicious, to sit in peace with my husband, stare at the harbour and enjoy food we don't normally eat! We were thinking how far I've come since we moved to the Island and I didn't eat any seafood!
The Friday night we went to the empress to register and hear the first session, we were both pretty exhausted and Steve started to get pretty sick with a head and chest cold.
Saturday the day was from 9-5 and we started the morning by going to a little gem of a restaurant downtown Victoria called Mo:Le and were there as they opened. They have excellent food! Then headed for a long day at the empress! For lunch we were able to go out with the Carruthers family as they were gifted the conference... So wonderful to catch up with such a dear family!
The Saturday we wished we had our room at the empress as my poor hubby would have liked to go sleep but he was a trooper and we went for the whole day. At one point we had to separate and go write each other love letters. I found a nice spot outside to sit and it was so gorgeous out! Sure felt like the hot spring sun!
Steve wrote me the most beautiful letter, I was on the verge of tears. I am one lucky woman to have such an amazing man walking through this life with me!
In the evening was date night so Steve and I walked across to milestones and enjoyed a couple of appetizers as we were still full from lunch. Such a nice time though and hard at the same time as we hashed out a few issues that we feel we never have the opportunity to talk about. We hit up the pool when we got back to the hotel and had an early night.
I was wide awake the next morning at 3 am though and could not fall back asleep so I had the chance to take a long bath and read Gods word. There were some important things placed on my heart so it was a good time of prayer. Steve was pretty sick in the morning so we tried to sleep in a bit and missed the first session. But had a nice lazy morning and leisurely breakfast before checking out and going over to finish up the day.

The view from our room...


The Sunday morning sessions were by far my favorite. They split us up into girls and guys. I loved how honest and open the ladies were who were sharing. Steve found his session pretty week and actually challenged the speaker at the end on a few things he shared. We didn't love the speakers all weekend as the one was an ex nhl player and we felt like he was very showy and the other couple spoke really quickly with lots of actions and were very distracting and loud! But by the end we really connected with the loud couple and had an amazing time of prayer with them and they spoke some pretty powerful words over us and said we were leaders among leaders along with some other powerful and encouraging words. Very excited to see what The Lord has in store for our lives and our marriage.
Overall we really enjoyed our time away together and what was brought out and were very encouraged to see how well we were doing in most areas and scoring the same scores on a couple of tests which was bizarre!
But the speaker also said that since "we got it" we should never give up or thinking too highly of our marriage and to keep on fighting for it!
We took our time coming home and were excited to see our precious baby girls! Grandma and auntie Sarah had a wonderful weekend with the girls and we were so blessed to have them so well taken care of.



No comments:
Post a Comment