Yesterday was the start of my girls two week spring break and it didn't go quite as planned... Girls all have some sort of the cold and were grumpy and fighting. I finally snapped at about 11 am and made them all get ready for some fresh air. I seriously hope no neighbours were home because when I say I snapped... I snapped hard! It took another long time to organize all three of the girls and myself to get ready and out the door. Then we packed into the mini van and drove 5 minutes to my favorite loop through the forest. It was the perfect remedy to our grumpiness! Within minutes the girls were running and splashing in puddles and we played for a couple of hours in the forest. I breathed deeply the fresh, damp air, noticed how the sun was shining perfectly through the trees, heard all the birds singing their praise and enjoyed every moment. Right to the end where Amara fell into the biggest, deepest puddle and filled her boots with mud... We were all laughing our heads off (she was bawling) but the fresh air was like medicine!
We played grumpy old troll on a bridge for a while and just had fun together!
Once we got home the girls requested Lipton chicken noodle soup and I had none, so I pulled out my new epicure seasonings and made a chicken broth and added some broken spaghetti noodles and the girls didn't notice the difference!
When Amara went for her nap, I pulled out the lawn mower and did the front and back lawns.. All 1.6 acres of our property! It was gorgeous out and we all ended up in shorts and shirts having smoothies on the trampoline. At one point while cutting the lawn I looked at my girls and Danika was reading her book under our huge cherry blossom tree and Adessa was singing songs while swinging on her swing. It was quite picturesque! I find cutting the grass like therapy. Not sure what it is, but it's good for my soul!
Last night we had a good life group where we met together split up into guys and girls and just prayed for our little warmland church. It was very powerful. I think God smiles down when a group gathers to pray... I sure could feel His presence!!

No comments:
Post a Comment