Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chronicles From the Couch.. NO LONGER!!!

Today I was officially taken off of couch rest!!! Three weeks of it and its over, and we have all survived. I am 34 weeks along now and so I am out of the danger zone. They still do want me to take it easy, which I needed the rules very clearly defined, because I just want to get on my hands and knees and scrub down my house!
They did their best to define it- basically I need to listen to my body, and not do too much in the house and if I need to grocery shop then plan the day around going to get groceries and that being my only activity and then coming home and resting. They want no outside walks and no heavy cleaning. The cleaning has been something I have just let go.. Steve has done an AMAZING job of tidying the house and keeping up with the dishes and kids, but the bathrooms and floors need a good ol' scrubbing.
We were so blessed today though, Steve has some clients that we met at the Duncan Trade show he was in last year and has a contract to re-build their home on Thetis island starting in May. He has been talking to them about plans on and off and had told them that I was on bed rest and he had become "Mr.Mom." They are a christian couple, and today in the mail there was a beautiful card from them, with the most beautiful words and bible verses that brought tears to my eyes and a very large cheque telling us to hire a house cleaner on them! We have truly been on the receiving end of God's richest blessings and it has been such a growing experience for me personally. God has really opened my eyes to what really matters, to how amazing my husband is, and how much he loves me and is willing to do for me and to God's never-ending Grace. We have been shown so much love from our church and community with delicious meals every night for 3 weeks and lots of child care. And now we are blessed by being able to hire a house cleaner  We are just blown away! God is so good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy for you Nic.....you are, indeed, a very blessed woman!

    ReplyDelete