Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Chronicles from the Couch" Part 2 - A Name

A name is a big deal... something someone has to live with for the rest of their lives. So for this third child of mine I have been putting a great deal of thought and research. I read through our name book and came up with a list of possible names (none that jumped out at me) and Steve rejected them all. So instead of internet search lists and books I turned to prayer and was putting it out there to God that I really wanted help with this one.

It happened a few weeks ago. I was doing my morning devotions, Steve had left super early to work in Victoria so I had some quiet before the girls woke up. I finished my prayer and as had become routine I prayed for my baby and for a name for her. The name Amara popped into my head. It wasn't a loud voice in my head, it was just there. Shortly after, the girls woke up and so began our day without another thought to that name. Steve came home that evening and I asked him what he thought of the name and he said that 'no he did not like it'. So I didn't give it another thought until a few days later I was sitting at the computer desk and it came into my head again. I typed it into google search and this is what turned up...

Name:

Amara 

Gender:UnisexMeaning:Gods GraceOrigin:African








Instantly I got chills and got all excited. The name felt affirmed when Steve felt the same way. We really feel like this name was given to us, and we both really like it. So I have been calling this sweet little girl growing inside of me Amara and it feels right.
The name is African (Igbo) in Origin and this is what it is shortened from...

Amarachi orAmarachukwufemaleGod's blessing(s). God's grace.Amara

So when all these problems with baby and my cervix were found on the ultrasound I really felt at peace. Like my darling girl as been affirmed. She is our little blessing from God and God's grace is continually poured out to me everyday even though I don't always deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment