This past Thursday Steve took me up to Victoria for my ultrasound there. After praying for a couple of weeks, our prayers were answered! The ultrasound technician did the ultrasound and wanted to know why we were there as baby was measuring perfectly. The only concern was that her head was oval and sideways it was measuring less than 10%, but as the OB came in to re-do the ultrasound he informed us it was squished because she is still breech and the top of the uterus is much tighter, so "when" she flips her head will be a normal size.
The OB was awesome and spent a lot of time with us going over everything. Our fluid levels are still maintained at 6-8cm, and he said they only become concerned when the levels are below 5cm. He is hopeful that baby will turn herself and that I will go to around 37 weeks with a 7 pounder! So praise God! I do still need to remain on 'bed rest' as my cervix is still quite short and fluid levels aren't where they should be (average person is 10-20 cm) but she looks totally healthy.
We came away from the appointment feeling quite thankful as we weren't quite sure how it would turn out and I had my bags packed to stay at the hospital. But God is so good and I am now back home on my couch.
I will still be meeting with OB's weekly until I have her and we will be discussing her breech and whether or not they will turn her themselves or possibly a c-section. I will also be having weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests. And the OB told me to closely monitor her movements as well, which makes me a bit nervous.
This weekend was a bit tougher for me as the sun was out shining for most of it. I was able to open the window and breathe fresh air, but I just wanted to get up and go for a long hike! I found it a bit harder to be thankful for every little thing and was a bit grumpy. I do realize that the weekend was a bit crazy though and I did not spend my time with God, so my grumpiness was a reflection of that!
Friday night several of my girlfriends came over with yummy desserts and we had a nice night of visiting and sharing birthing stories! I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friendships. We have also been continuing to get meals almost every day and offers for childcare.
This week Steve needs to get back to work a bit more, so it will be a bit more challenging to be on bed rest. But we are trying to organize the week with childcare so the stress doesn't fall on Steve's shoulders. And I will let you know how it goes!
"He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs!" Zephaniah 3:17
No comments:
Post a Comment