Saturday, May 10, 2014

8 years!

Last Tuesday we celebrated our 8 th anniversary. Eight years.... That's a long time! We've lived in 2 different provinces, 4 different homes, 3 children, one dog, one huge lawsuit, several vehicles, a few boats, a few different occupations, I drove school bus, in-putted data, Steve has tried his hand at framing, finishing carpentry, renovations and are now blessed to own our own company where all those years of different jobs are paying off.
Through it all God has been so good to us... Our constant and solid rock. Starting our marriage the way we did, statistics were piled heavily against us, and things have been tough, financially, emotionally and physically being so far from family and our support system. But it is totally true when I say that I love Steven more now than ever before. Because every trial we've gone through and had to pray on our knees through, we've learned to become dependent on Him and truly grown together as one. 
We were so blessed on our anniversary as we woke up to the sound of the microwave and came out to 2 beautiful smiling girls, a beautifully set table, pancakes made with their babysitter the night before and beautiful cards. We were blown away and when I read the cards I had a few tears. My girls are amazing with such big, beautiful hearts. Danika even cleaned the table for me and washed the dishes! 
In the evening we were able to get a babysitter and Steve took me to the Quamichan Inn - a restaurant we've been wanting to try for awhile. It was a lovely night and my husband got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a gift card to winners. Such a thoughtful guy!
I can't wait to grow old with this man I am so blessed to live out this crazy life with!

Quamichan Inn... over 100 years old, neat atmosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment