Thursday, May 22, 2014

Too Much

Someday's feel like too much! Too much fighting, too much cleaning, too much cooking, too much laundry, too much crying/whining, too many times that I just.blow.it!
The past 24 hours have felt like that... many days feel like that. Girls in my bathroom last night when I ask them to use the other two in the house.. I don't have much that is only mine, so please respect that. I hear squeals, the oldest comes running saying  that she flushed the toilet and at that same moment Adessa knocked my contact lens and case down the toilet. Fighting girls all evening, their room that seems to have a self destructive button every moment of every day. Amara who didn't want to sleep last night and was up until 10pm and then wouldn't nap this morning. Milk flying across the kitchen from the middle one... baby one pulling daddy's coffee cup off the table, splattering everywhere, children not listening. Upset daddy leaving in a huff. SIGH
Some days.... I feel like I just want to curl into a little ball and not do this -mothering, being a wife, cooker, cleaner.
But in and through it all God's grace is enough. I blew it last night and blew it over spilled milk this morning. I was able to apologize to my girls, but sadness was still in those big brown eyes as she walked out the door. Why can't I just hold my tongue sometimes. I have so much, so many wonderful blessings. But in those moment I am so thankful for being a child of the most loving, gracious father. He is gentle and Kind, His words and Spirit are enough. And as I breathe words of forgiveness the peace the surpasses all understanding washes over me. I love that no matter how badly I blow it with my duties here on earth that I can be covered in His redeeming forgiveness and grace, over and over.

"I will blow it but to repent and return, turn to the Cross. To not resist the turning. To submit to the Spirit blowing in again and always again. This is the only way to take wing." (Ann Voskamp) 

"Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment